The Harness Racing Victoria (HRV) Stewards advise of the following pre-race parade and all clear requirements which come into effect from 1 October 2021 for all Saturday night race meetings.
- All horses engaged to race are to be presented in the parade ring no later than 12 minutes prior to the advertised start time for the race;
- All horses are to parade in saddlecloth order;
- All horses are to exit the parade ring and enter the race track in saddlecloth order;
- All horses upon entering the race track are to parade past the winning post prior to turning around upon reaching the Clerk of the Course positioned in the home straight and completing the pre-race warm up in race direction;
- A horse which is fractious may be excluded from the above requirements after obtaining prior permission from the Starter
- In the instance of extreme heat, inclement weather or machinery being present on the racetrack the Stewards may order these requirements do not apply;
- All horses are to return to the all clear area in a timely manner;
- Failure to comply with any of the above requirements may result in the trainer, person in charge and/or driver being penalised under Rules 135(1) and/or 238.